Install SSL Certificate on Apache2 Ubuntu Server – Updated Guide
Before you initiate the process of SSL certificate installation on Apache2 Ubuntu Server, you need Certificate Signing Request or CSR. You can use online CSR producer tool for Ubuntu Server with the Apache2 panel.
Let’s get into the SSL installation guide for Ubuntu server with Apache2.
- Download all SSL certificate files from Certificate Authority console.
- Copy intermediate certificate, root certificate, and private key. Paste all these certificate files on your Ubuntu server.
- Stumble Apache Server configuration file and go for SSL configuration area.
- Add All SSL certificate path in SSL configuration. Here are the examples:
SSLEngine on SSLCertificateFile /path/to/example _your _domain.crt
- That’s It. Save Apache Server Configuration file with above changes and restart Ubuntu server with Apache2.
Note: In case, if you want to set a website accessible with HTTP and HTTPS then you have to different files and they have to be placed separately on port 80 and port 443.