The Intel PROSet is wireless software considered as an extension for the Windows Device Manager. This software is available to download on Windows 10 devices from the official website. Once you install this software on your PC or laptop, the tabs will be added to the compatible Intel adapters automatically in the Windows Device Manager. The best features offered by the software enables the users to test and configure the Ethernet adapters.
How to get Intel PROSet Software?
On the download center, you can find the packages that come with a bundle of latest drivers and Intel PROSet software program. The packages come packed with drivers alongside the software for a single version of Windows operating system. Within each download package, you can find the drivers for multiple adapters.
Things you need to know about Intel PROSet
The Intel PROSet software is for your Windows Device Manager that has some concealed facts every Windows user must know. Check it out!
- It offers additional services to all the users that include boot agent settings, help topics, adapter diagnostics and more.
- This software is built into the Windows Device Manager Adapter properties.
- It is quite easy to configure the adapter settings through the properties tabs present in Windows Device Manager.
- You may not find this software as an exclusive application.
- It doesn’t appear as an icon in the Control Panel or your Windows system tray.
- To know the link speed, diagnostics and duplex configuration, use the link speed tab. This enables the users to trace the data regarding Intel Ethernet device.
How to Access Windows Device Manager?
Follow the simple steps provided below to access Windows Device Manager in different versions of Windows OS.
Step 1: Navigate to Start menu >> right-click Computer.
Step 2: Just tap the Properties option.
Step 3: On the left-hand side column, you can find the Device Manager and click it.
Windows 8 & Windows Server 2012
Step 1: On the Start screen enter ‘Device Manager’.
Step 2: Hit Settings from the next screen.
Step3: Click Device Manager Option from the search results.
Windows 8.1/10/Windows Server 2016
Step 1: Firstly, right-click the Start button on Windows.
Step 2: You can then find Device Manager from the list of options.
How to Find the Version of your installed Intel PROSet Software?
To find the version of Intel PROSet software program that you have installed on your PC, you can follow the below steps:
Step 1: Go to network adapter properties.
Step 2: Just hit the ‘Link Speed’ tab from the next dialog box.
Step 3: You can then find the version of your Intel PROSet software on the screen.