Instructions to Create a New Page in WordPress
A Page in WordPress Website is a critical element to derive business online. It is often a complex situation for WordPress beginners or bloggers to set appropriate menu bar using WordPress Page.
We will demonstrate here a step-by-step process to create a page in WordPress including a process for assigning appropriate page in a website primary menu bar.
Normally, a user creates a page in WordPress but they got confusion to assign it to menu bar. But no worry at all. We will help you here.
Before we start a process, make sure you have WordPress Install a website. Or else, you can access our Manual WordPress Installation Guide.
Let’s start with creating a page in WordPress.
- Access your WordPress Dashboard through log-in.
- Browse an option called “Pages” from left menus.
- Click on “Pages” and then you could see the list of existing pages.
- Click on button “Add New”, located on top-right hand side.
- Now, you are on a New WordPress Page. Enter the require information to complete a page such as Page title, description, meta details for search engine, category, features image, media files, and internal links.
- Once you complete with all necessary information on a page, then just click the button “Publish”. That’s it. You’re done.
Note: If you want to keep that post private then you can change the status from visibility option.
Additionally, the status of post can be revised to draft also for future schedule. A WordPress allows unlimited number of pages for single website, hence create limitless pages for users.
Okay, now you are ready with a page in your WordPress website and it’s time to assign a page to right menu option. Hence the obvious question would arise that how to allot a page to menu bar?
No worry, we have solution.
- Click on “Appearance” from left-hand side.
- Now, you are on Menu Panel where you can create a new menu and assign related page.
- Choose location of new page from Theme Locations zone like it’s going to be part of Primary Menu, Footer Menu or Secondary Menu.
- Once you select the location for this new page. Enter the page URL and Navigation label. That’s it. You are done with assigning a new page in Primary Menu bar.